The Stress Connection (e-book)
Stress is More than Worry, Fear or Anxiety!
- Stress depletes your body and wears you down.
- Your body can only handle so much stress.
- You can’t stay in the ‘fight or flight’ mode all day long.
- We are designed to handle short term stress – not continual, long term, chronic stress.
How much stress can your body handle before it starts affecting your weight, energy level, hormones, immune, cardiovascular, or digestive system?
- Too much stress will throw off your thyroid and effect your metabolism and energy level!
- It will effect your ability to sleep, accelerate your heart rate, blood pressure, etc.
- It will have an impact on your ability to add lean muscle and burn fat.
The STRESS Connection is written to help people understand how stress can effect so many different areas of your health, so that you can better address the real cause of your health issue(s).
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Stress is more than Worry, Fear, Anxiety
Chapter 2 How We Fatigue our Adrenals
Chapter 3 Fight of Flight vs Resting Digesting
Chapter 4 The Consequences of STRESS
- Metabolism and Weight Gain
- Fatigue and Lack of Energy
- Thyroid Dysfunction
- Digestive Problems
- Low Testosterone and Hormones
- Blood Sugar Imbalances, Insulin Resistance
- Sleep Difficulties, Insomnia
- Chemical Imbalances, Depression
- Heart Disease
- Arthritis, Aches and Pain
- Immune System and Allergies
- Osteoporosis and Anti-Aging
- Exercise and Fitness
Chapter 5 Breaking the Vicious Cycle
- My ARS Program…the What, When and Why
Stress has long been considered one of the ‘usual suspects’ with regards to our health. Everyone talks about reducing or managing stress including; doctors, nurses, politicians and moms. Unfortunately most of these people even many of your traditional medical doctors will only tell you to manage your stress, without educating you or helping you see how stress could be at the root of your health problem.
Stress is another factor that needs to be examined. In years past, we typically only worried about diet and exercise, but times are changing.
We’ve counted calories, fat grams, carbohydrates…you name it, and it has been done with regards to diet. We are also exercising, joining gyms, pilates, core movements, yoga and the list goes on. Yet people are still struggling with their health because we have overlooked the impact or more accurately the consequences stress has on our live.
You hear it all the time, “we are living in a more stressful time than our fathers before us.” It seems like we are always on the go, hurrying from one place to another, one worry after another…finding out we don’t have enough time in the day.
The Stress Connection was written to help you better understand that stress could be at the root of your health problems. Don’t get me wrong. The body is designed to handle stress, but continual, prolonged stress can eventually wear the body down, deplete it and weaken it…which causes problems.
I hope The Stress Connection can help you see how stress could be affecting your health and can better equip you to overcome your health challenges. I have always heard it said, “you can’t defeat your opponent…if you don’t know who it is.” Many of my patients had no idea that stress was there opponent or how it was attacking them. But once they understood how stress was beating up their body – they were better able to defend themselves and turn their health problems around.
Lastly, I hope you follow my ARS Healthy Steps Program that has been clinically tested to help you regain your health. It is a step-by-step program that walks you through the healing process by addressing stress and diet, along with the cause of your problem.